What is included in the concept of timber? And what kinds of lumber there? Timber products are of sawn timber, which has its standard dimensions and grades GOST. It has at least two parallel, flat seams. Today, timber is the most popular, environmentally friendly material in the construction market.
Lumber obtained by longitudinal and also the transverse and longitudinal dividing (cutting) of logs. Production of lumber passes in sawmills where harvested from areas held sawing wood on special machines – circular or band saw sawmill.
A list of the main types of lumber
By targeting to a log timber can be:
- radial sawing, obtained by sawing logs or focused beam in the direction of cuts close to the radius of the annual rings of wood;
- tangential sawing, obtained by means of sawing logs oriented towards propylene tangentially relative annual layers of wood.
By opilenosti edge timber can be:
- edged with edges that are perpendicular to the sawdust plank, with non-parallel or parallel run away edges (propylene on all four sides);
- cut on one side, with only one edge and chipped formation;
- not edging, partially or completely opilennymi edges.
Processing, timber divided into:
- planed – with planed edges;
- calibrated – processed and dried to the required yardsticks.
On the strength of guarantees, lumber may apply to construction, namely, lumber, with a guarantee of high strength, designed for load-bearing structures, which are high loads.
- by machine, by means of mechanical devices;
- via visual grading after visual inspection, measurement, number and position of defects tree.
End processing, they can be:
- tortsovannye and cut to length;
- netortsovannye – not cut to length.
The range of lumber include: a bar, boards, beams, sleepers, slab and lagging.
Class A timber of wood, on the geometry of the cross-cut method, the nature of wood, by size, by location of faces in relation to the annual rings on the situation of sawn timber in the log (side boards, the central heart-shaped board and the board).
Keep timber must be on a flat surface, raised above the ground. Their shift rails and covered with a special coating.